Consider these Michigan Undergraduate Digital Marketing Programs for pursuing your Digital endeavors.
While I’m no Digital Marketing expert nor SEO specialist, I do have a few solid pieces of advice to give to incoming, undecided students.
In simple terms, Digital Marketing is the way in which technology and database-driven practices are utilized with the intention of promoting a product or service to customers in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
If you’re someone who enjoys the many rewarding and enjoyable aspects of Marketing and would like to combine that with your passion for technology or ISM, then this is your cup of tea.
If you’ve always been curious about the magic behind Google and how it generates responses to our search queries, Digital Marketing is a great place for you to start.
Integrating the business practices of Marketing combined with the elements of the digital realm is at the heart of Digital Marketing. This includes social media, search engines, On-Page SEO/Off-Page SEO, keyword research and more.
As a student beginning his Digital Marketing degree here at the University of Michigan – Dearborn, I’ve come to learn many things about the Digital Marketing realm and how interesting it truly is.
Below, I’m going to outline a few basic points on where to consider pursuing a Digital Marketing degree (or at least a concentration in Digital) and some awesome benefits of the program.
4 Fantastic Michigan Undergraduate Digital Marketing Programs
1. University of Michigan – Dearborn: This is purely non-biased and happens to be the first organic search result when typing in “digital marketing degree” into Google.
An excellent option for those of you who would like to remain closer to home, appreciate smaller class sizes and the ability to know your professors and experience the U of M difference.
According to the renowned Search Engine Journal:
“U of M’s Digital Marketing program isn’t just top-notch, it’s also one of the first in the country where students can study social network marketing, SEO, open source innovation, viral marketing, web analytics, reputation management, and experimenting with market research” (Albert Costill 2015).
The course focus includes (not including electives):
- Digital Consumer Search and Marketing
- Marketing Research
- E-tailing and Retailing
- Communications Strategy and New Media
- Digital Analytics and Content Marketing
Interested in more information? Click here.
2. Ferris State University: Moving on, Ferris State allows for a versatile online program to earn a Digital Marketing certificate, with the following classes offered:
- Principles of Marketing
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- Consumer Digital Marketing
- Business-to-Business Digital Marketing
- The certification will focus on enhancing the following skills:
- Multi-channel marketing integrating online and offline marketing with profitable results
- Selling online, and saving money and time for your company and your customers
- Managing databases in a digital world
- Mastering best practices in both business-to-customer and business-to-business Digital Marketing
- Creation and execution of internet marketing/advertising plans and campaigns
3. Western Michigan University: Next, is Western Michigan with a nice variety of Marketing courses, learn more here.
- Web Applications for Business
- Business Web Architecture
- Marketing Research
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
- One of the following concentrated areas must be chosen for a total of 9 credit hours.
- Web Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Database Marketing
- Customized Specialization
- Learn marketing principles, especially as they relate to Internet marketing.
- Knowledge of Internet information systems.
- Ability to assess market potential, reach target markets, and conduct market research online or offline.
- Gain knowledge of traditional e-business models, such as those used by Google, eBay and Amazon.
- Knowledge of emerging e-business models.
- Knowledge of, and skills in using, social media marketing.
- Understanding of new technologies, hardware and software.
- Familiarity with legal and ethical issues related to electronic business marketing.
- Knowledge of mobile marketing technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of effective web and mobile design and usability.
- Ability to develop web marketing strategies and applications.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and marketing.
4. Davenport University: Lastly, Davenport University has a conventional marketing curriculum alongside the choice of specializing in either Digital Marketing & Promotion or Marketing Technology.
- E-Business Technologies
- Public Relations Foundations
- Digital Retailing
- Social Media Strategies
- Digital Brand Engagement
- Search Engine Marketing/Analysis
Why You’ll Enjoy It
Marketing & An Ever Changing World
In the world that’s constantly changing and adapting new forms of technology to enhance our everyday lives, it’s important to keep with the times. Especially, as an incoming student.
Digital Marketing offers a great insight into the world of Marketing, with all of the exciting applications of technological processes, analytics, social channels, and more.
As you might expect, the work of a digital marketer is never the same from day-to-day; it continually demands a variety of different tasks and activities to accomplish. Not only that, but there is great flexibility being a digital marketer.
Digital Marketing as the Future
Perhaps you want to start up your own freelance business or establish your own agency. With that, comes the ability to control the time you’re working, how long, and when.
As technology becomes ever more prevalent, the market demands for Digital Marketing professionals are bound to increase. By the late 2020s, the demand for Digital Marketing jobs is roughly predicted to have a 10% rise in available jobs!
Enjoy working and collaborating with others? Look no further, as you become part of the Marketing team and share your wildest thoughts, ingenious ideas, and valuable opinions. Help launch the creativity and effectiveness of your company’s advertising campaign.
Discover which target audience is meant for your product/service, learn the interesting facts behind what motivates your audience to purchase, and unveil the most effective means of communicating your value proposition to fulfill their desires.
With that being said, there are a plethora of benefits to be discussed regarding the advantages of Digital Marketing. Any of the above Michigan Undergraduate Digital Marketing Programs will greatly expand your knowledge and execution of Digital Marketing.
Just know this one thing: It is going to be the future of the foundational concepts of marketing and advertising to potential buyers; thus, indulge in it, learn, and master its philosophies!